DENNIS W. SPARKS II
Dennis Sparks was born in Charlotte, NC but grew up in the Greater Atlanta area. He spent much of his time playing soccer, participating in the highest youth levels of the game through high school. During his college years, Dennis joined The Ohio State University Men's Soccer Program where he was a part of the 2015 Big Ten Championship team that also made a run to the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament. Upon graduating in 2017, Dennis Sparks went on to continue his education and soccer career at Trevecca Nazarene University, a Division II program in Nashville, TN.
Dennis holds a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Ohio State and an M.B.A with a focus in Information Technology from Trevecca. Dennis' professional interests include Health Care Integration, Database Administration and Development, Java Programming, Python Programming, Software Implementation, and Business Analysis. Dennis has developed and worked with numerous systems in the Health Care and Retail industries. His coursework and experience in the Software and Business worlds given him a unique perspective when solving probelms.
In his free time, Dennis enjoys writing, excercising, playing soccer, enjoying the company of friends and family, and purusing his own personal development.
Custom Health Care Interfaces
As an Integration Engineer, Dennis has developed numerous interfaces between disparate health care systems. These systems differ in nature but include Infection Control Systems, Registration Systems, Billing Systems, and Materials Management Systems.
EMR FHIR Integration
- Used Java Development and Eclipse experience to write jar files for secure FHIR integration in Mirth
- Provided testing support in the development process
- Contributed in a joint effort between Product Management and Interface Developers
Infection Control Interface
- HL7 Outbound Interface
- Held several meetings with the client to clarify specifications and discuss where data should be pulled from
- Implemented custom logic surrounding message triggers, delays, date formatting, and ID parsing
- Troubleshot issues and answered questions throughout the project
- Wrote custom specs based on the vendor documents and the requirements meetings held with the client
Anesthesia Billing Interface
- Flat File Outbound Interface
- Processed and Merged two files to produce a final, third file
- Held several meetings with the client to clarify specifications
- Troubleshot issues and answered questions throughout the project
Custom Interface Enhancements
- Wrote custom logic for the facility and location mapping of an existing Materials Management Interface
- Wrote custom logic for patient matching criteria on ADT and Scheduling Inbound Interfaces
- Modified many different interfaces to resolve support issues
- Consulted clients on how their custom requests would impact their workflow and system
Patient Tracking Board Launcher
As an Implementation Engineer, Process Improvement is a significant part of Dennis' work. Dennis developed a tool that would help clients automate the launching of patient tracking boards. This tool also had a graphical component where clients could save and configure various settings including, display selection, fullscreen mode, and automatic launching details. Dennis also created documentation to help clients set up and troubleshoot the application.
When implementing the application, Dennis used Windows Automation tools in order to empower clients to launch and refresh displays in a way that is completely hands off. In the event of database or network downtime, the client could relaunch all displays with little to no effort.
Retail Deployment Dashboard
The Deployment Dashboard provided anylatics regarding the make, model, version, OS, etc. of various hardware in Retail stores across the country. The tool allowed a user to search for a specific store as well as look at metrics across all stores. Dennis used Web2py with Python to pull data out of an existing PostgreSQL DB that stored hardware and software deployment data. The dashboard was used by deployment specialists, systems engineer, and management to plan for upcoming technology refreshes.
The Site Monitor would repeatedly get response codes from a list of important sites and then determine if the site is up and running as expected. If the monitor determined that the status of the site changed, the monitor would send out an email with a description of the status change to a group email address. Dennis designed and developed from the ground up using Eclipse, Java, and PostgreSQL after holding several meeting with key stakeholders.
SISComplete Deployment Dashboard
The SISComplete Deployment Dashboard displayed key metrics that Managers and DevOps Engineers used to evaluate deployments over time. Dennis used Power BI to present key data around, deployment duration, version, clients, etc.
Software and IT
- Oracle Database
- PL/SQL Developer
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Software Implementation
- Software Systems Analysis
- Windows Server
- Business Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Financial Statements
- Property Management
Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA)
Integration and Implementation Engineer, Jan 2019 – present; full-time (40+ hours / week)
- Determine technical and functional/clinical specifications for integration with clients and their other vendors
- Design and complete custom interface enhancements to provide additional value to clients
- Implement standard interfaces, troubleshooting issues before, during, and after go-live
- Escalation point for Support on interface tickets
- Train new associates on SIS interfaces and Mirth from a support perspective
- Documented custom interface specifications for several large clients
- Determine technical project requirements and establish partnership with client for successful implementation for the project team (client, vendors, and SIS)
- Review client system configurations and make recommendations to clients for optimal SIS software performance.
- Conduct technical project kick-off with proper project materials (plans, presentations, demos, etc).
- Advise clients of technical best practices throughout the software implementation lifecycle.
- Configure, modify and make customizations of SIS software and client hardware as necessary according to client workflow processes.
- Understand SIS from a technical standpoint in order to assess client needs and improvements and fulfill those needs.
- Provide hardware and software training to client's technical staff (IT, Systems Administrators, DBA's, etc…).
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and up-grade the SIS software for clients.
- Review, discuss, understand, and execute the SIS processes and procedures with team, set expectations, review technical tasks / needs and manage identifiable artifacts resulting from them.
- Create and maintain technical portion of project book (electronic or hard-copy) that included above information and other pertinent information. Close-out technical portion project book upon completion of project and transfer to Support.
- Identify possible risks with contingency plans or work-around solutions with the client on a continual basis during the project live cycle.
- Initiate, create, and maintain technical project plan utilizing sales, Client operations, and client’s input and knowledge.
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly status meetings prepared to assess, communicate, and deliver follow up items or action plans relating to technical aspects of project. Assist client in directing resources and efforts to achieve project goal
Tractor Supply Company (Brentwood, TN)
Intern, IT Retail Technology - System Engineering and Deployment, May 2018 – Aug 2018; full-time (40+ hours / week)
From a retail technology standpoint, Tractor Supply Company supports 1700+ Linux servers, 8000+ Windows PCs, 3000+ RF devices, 800+ iOS devices, and POS peripheral devices.
- Developed a web-app that details the totals of retail store systems by model, system type, and OS using Web2py, Python, SQL, HTML, and CSS
- Evaluated and modified TSC’s mobile configuration management system's organizational structure in an effort to optimize the management of mobile devices
- Built retail systems that encompass all operations of an actual store for the Store Support Center's QA lab
- Learned how the Store Support Center assists stores and team members from Systems Engineering, Deployment, and Support perspectives
- Participated in ongoing professional development throughout the 12 weeks including Tractor Basics, DiSC assessment, and Personal Branding
Hillis and Clark, CPAs, PLLC (Nashville, TN)
Business and Accounting Intern, Jan 2018 – April 2018; part-time (25 hours / week)
- Helped develop clients' financial statements using accounting software for associates to use in tax preparation and managed sensitive client documents
- Monitored and managed the progress of business/individual tax returns together with associates
- Demonstrated data entry skills and a basic knowledge of business/individual taxes using UltraTax
- Read brokerage statements for individuals and trusts as well as other tax documents
Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA)
Programming Intern, Technical Services, May 2017 – July 2017; part-time (30 hours / week)
- Developed a website auto-launch utility for an existing software solution to aid nurses in the operating room
- Demonstrated independence and teamwork skills, obtaining feedback from developers, support analysts, and technical writers
- Showcased knowledge of Java, Eclipse, SQL, Java Database Connectivity, and the MVC methodology
- Made the application configurable and logged data in a table via a Graphical User Interface
Vector Marketing (Alpharetta, GA)
Sales Representative, June 2016 - August 2016; part-time
- Presented Cutco products for sale to the consumer, through preset appointments.
- Filed and submitted customer orders and identified potential customers through personal referral and lead generation.
- Reviewed personal performance with the local office manager at weekly meetings.
- Attended advanced training workshops and conferences on personal sales techniques, consumer behavior, time management, and effective communication.
- Fundamentals of Database Systems
- Information Technology Project Management
- IT Strategy: Issues and Practices
- Business Analysis: Methodology Book
- Operating System Concepts
Trevecca Nazarene University (Nashville, Tennessee)
MBA, Information Technology, Graduated: May 2019
- Overall GPA (4.00 scale): 4.00
- Honors: Recipient of Full Tuition Athletic Scholarship, 2017 – 2019
The Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio)
BS, Computer Engineering, Graduated: May 2017
- Overall GPA (4.00 scale): 3.93
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Recipient of Athletic, Distinction, Hoelle, and Caldwell Scholarships, 2014 - 2017
- Dean’s List (>3.5 GPA) Every Semester Scholar Athlete (>3.0 GPA during regular season)
Trevecca Nazarene University
- 2018 - 1 goal, 3 assists in 12 games
- 2018 - Knocked off No. 2 ranked team in Division II
The Ohio State University University
- 2015 Big Ten Conference Champions
- 2015 NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- 2014 Big Ten Conference Runner Up
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Sweet Second Round
Peachtree City MOBA
- 2016 - 1 goal, 1 assist as staring right back
- Finished 6th Place in Southeastern Conference
Inter Nashville FC
- 2018 US Open Cup Second Round
- 6-1 Victory over Charlotte Eagles in US Open Cup First Round