DENNIS W. SPARKS II
Dennis Sparks was born in Charlotte, NC but grew up in the Greater Atlanta, GA area. He spent much of his time playing soccer, participating in the highest levels of the game through high school. During his college years, Dennis joined The Ohio State University Men's Soccer Program where he was a part of the 2015 Big Ten Championship team that also made a run to the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament. Upon graduating in 2017, Dennis Sparks went on to continue his education and soccer career at Trevecca Nazarene University, a Division II program in Nashville, TN.
Dennis holds a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Ohio State and an M.B.A with a focus in Information Technology from Trevecca. Dennis' professional interests include Health Care Integration, Database Administration and Development, Java Programming, Python Programming, Software Implementation, and Business Analysis. Dennis has developed and worked numerous systems in the Health Care and Retail industries. His coursework and experience in Software and Business have given him a unique perspective when solving probelms.
In his free time, Dennis enjoys writing, playing soccer, and purusing his own personal development.
Custom Health Care Interfaces
Patient Tracking Board Launcher
As an Implementation Engineer, Process Improvement is a significant part of Dennis' work. Dennis developed a tool that would help clients automate the launching of patient tracking boards. This tool also had a graphical component where clients could save and configure various settings. Dennis also created documentation to help clients set up and troubleshoot the application when needed.
The Deployment Dashboard provided anylatics regarding the make, model, version, OS, etc. of various hardware in Retail stores across the country. The tool allowed a user to search for a specific store as well as look at metrics across all stores.
- Oracle Database
- PL/SQL Developer
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Software Implementation
- Software Systems Analysis
- Windows Server
- Business Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Financial Statements
- Property Management
Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA)
Integration and Implementation Engineer, Jan 2019 – present; full-time (40+ hours / week)
- Determine technical and functional/clinical specifications for integration with clients and their other vendors
- Design and complete custom interface enhancements to provide additional value to clients
- Implement standard interfaces, troubleshooting issues before, during, and after go-live
- Escalation point for Support on interface tickets
- Train new associates on SIS interfaces and Mirth from a support perspective
- Documented custom interface specifications for several large clients
- Determine technical project requirements and establish partnership with client for successful implementation for the project team (client, vendors, and SIS)
- Review client system configurations and make recommendations to clients for optimal SIS software performance.
- Conduct technical project kick-off with proper project materials (plans, presentations, demos, etc).
- Advise clients of technical best practices throughout the software implementation lifecycle.
- Configure, modify and make customizations of SIS software and client hardware as necessary according to client workflow processes.
- Understand SIS from a technical standpoint in order to assess client needs and improvements and fulfill those needs.
- Provide hardware and software training to client's technical staff (IT, Systems Administrators, DBA's, etc…).
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and up-grade the SIS software for clients.
- Review, discuss, understand, and execute the SIS processes and procedures with team, set expectations, review technical tasks / needs and manage identifiable artifacts resulting from them.
- Create and maintain technical portion of project book (electronic or hard-copy) that included above information and other pertinent information. Close-out technical portion project book upon completion of project and transfer to Support.
- Identify possible risks with contingency plans or work-around solutions with the client on a continual basis during the project live cycle.
- Initiate, create, and maintain technical project plan utilizing sales, Client operations, and client’s input and knowledge.
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly status meetings prepared to assess, communicate, and deliver follow up items or action plans relating to technical aspects of project. Assist client in directing resources and efforts to achieve project goal
Tractor Supply Company (Brentwood, TN)
Intern, IT Retail Technology - System Engineering and Deployment, May 2018 – Aug 2018; full-time (40+ hours / week)
From a retail technology standpoint, Tractor Supply Company supports 1700+ Linux servers, 8000+ Windows PCs, 3000+ RF devices, 800+ iOS devices, and POS peripheral devices.
- Developed a web-app that details the totals of retail store systems by model, system type, and OS using Web2py, Python, SQL, HTML, and CSS
- Evaluated and modified TSC’s mobile configuration management system's organizational structure in an effort to optimize the management of mobile devices
- Built retail systems that encompass all operations of an actual store for the Store Support Center's QA lab
- Learned how the Store Support Center assists stores and team members from Systems Engineering, Deployment, and Support perspectives
- Participated in ongoing professional development throughout the 12 weeks including Tractor Basics, DiSC assessment, and Personal Branding
Hillis and Clark, CPAs, PLLC (Nashville, TN)
Business and Accounting Intern, Jan 2018 – April 2018; part-time (25 hours / week)
- Helped develop clients' financial statements using accounting software for associates to use in tax preparation and managed sensitive client documents
- Monitored and managed the progress of business/individual tax returns together with associates
- Demonstrated data entry skills and a basic knowledge of business/individual taxes using UltraTax
- Read brokerage statements for individuals and trusts as well as other tax documents
Surgical Information Systems (Alpharetta, GA)
Programming Intern, Technical Services, May 2017 – July 2017; part-time (30 hours / week)
- Developed a website auto-launch utility for an existing software solution to aid nurses in the operating room
- Demonstrated independence and teamwork skills, obtaining feedback from developers, support analysts, and technical writers
- Showcased knowledge of Java, Eclipse, SQL, Java Database Connectivity, and the MVC methodology
- Made the application configurable and logged data in a table via a Graphical User Interface
Vector Marketing (Alpharetta, GA)
Sales Representative, June 2016 - August 2016; part-time
- Presented Cutco products for sale to the consumer, through preset appointments.
- Filed and submitted customer orders and identified potential customers through personal referral and lead generation.
- Reviewed personal performance with the local office manager at weekly meetings.
- Attended advanced training workshops and conferences on personal sales techniques, consumer behavior, time management, and effective communication.
Trevecca Nazarene University (Nashville, Tennessee)
MBA, Information Technology, Graduated: May 2019
- Overall GPA (4.00 scale): 4.00
- Honors: Recipient of Full Tuition Athletic Scholarship, 2017 – 2019
The Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio)
BS, Computer Engineering, Graduated: May 2017
- Overall GPA (4.00 scale): 3.93
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Recipient of Athletic, Distinction, Hoelle, and Caldwell Scholarships, 2014 - 2017
- Dean’s List (>3.5 GPA) Every Semester Scholar Athlete (>3.0 GPA during regular season)